If you are reading this article, most probably, you have already applied coconut oil on your hair and now want to cleanse it at any cost. But alas! all the methods you tried are nothing but a wastage of time and effort.
Under such circumstances, you may burst with fury and take any initiatives to remove the coconut oil that may damage your hair. But believe me, my friends, you can undoubtedly get rid of this problem by simply following some tricks and tips.
After years of research and practical implementation, we have collected some secure and effective techniques on how to get coconut oil out of hair.
Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss the following topics in detail. They will help you to maintain your hair’s health while removing coconut oil from them as well. We hope our methods will show you the right ways to solve your problem.
- Advantages of Applying Coconut Oil on Your Hair
- The Vital Causes For Removing Coconut Oil Out of Hair
- 11 Easy and Effective Ways to Rinse Coconut Oil
Advantages of Applying Coconut Oil on Your Hair
Before proceeding to describe the ways to remove coconut oil out of your hair, we would like to inform you of its benefits. Because coconut oil is one of the most effective natural ingredients that nourishes your hair and improves the health of your scalp.
Let’s see its advantages at a glance!
- Coconut oil decreases the amount of your hair fall.
- Strengthens the follicle and stimulates hair growth.
- Makes your hair long and thicker.
- Fights against lice.
- Coconut oil reduces dandruff.
- Protects hair from sunlight and UV rays.
- Hydrates dry hair.
- Makes your hair shiny.
- Brings softness to your hair.
- Works as a pre-shampoo treatment.
- Apply coconut oil before bleaching to save the hair from color damage.
- Controls frizz and fixes the split ends.
- Makes your scalp healthy.
- Prevents your scalp and hair from antibacterial infection.
- After massaging coconut oil on your scalp, it creates a cooling effect and provides relaxation.
The Vital Causes For Removing Coconut Oil Out of Hair
- You may not like the aroma of coconut oil.
- Coconut oil may develop an allergic reaction.
- If you live in colder countries, it will solidify in low temperature.
- Going out applying coconut oil in your hair may seem unclean and unprofessional.
- The pores on the scalp get blocked due to long-term use of coconut oil.
- Coconut oil may develop dandruff.
- Sometimes, it becomes the cause of hair loss.
- Coconut oil contains fatty acid that may make your hair sticky.
- If you use coconut oil for a long time and your hairs remain untreated, it may result in follicle breakage.
- Excessive use of coconut oil may even lead you to baldness.
11 Easy and Effective Ways to Rinse Coconut Oil From Your Hair
Now, it is time to learn the processes to clear coconut oil out of your hair. These 11 techniques include Natural, Non-natural, and No-Rinse solutions that are designed to ease your toil. At the same time, you will enjoy healthy hair! Let’s start your journey!
Natural Solutions for Getting Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair
If you can clean coconut oil from your hair naturally, it would be the best solution for you. But you may not be able to use the natural ingredients properly.
So, here we have enlisted some easy and effective natural processes. Let’s learn them exactly!
Technique 1: Apply Honey, Lemon juice, and Water
Perhaps you run short of your hair care products. And now thinking about how to get coconut oil out of hair without shampoo? Under such circumstances, you may ask the 100 dollar question: Is it really possible?
Yes, my friends, you can remove coconut oil out of your hair by using natural ingredients like lemon juice, honey, and water.
Citric acid in lemon juice is potent enough to fight against the stickiness of coconut oil. At the same time, it causes no harm to your hair and scalp.
Make sure you dilute it with water before applying to your hair because it may make your hair dry. That’s why, do not forget to add honey to soften your hair.
So, why are you waiting so long? Lets’ learn to prepare and apply the coconut oil removing recipe quickly.
Here Are The Magical Steps for You!
- Manage a clean and empty bowl.
- Take 2 fresh lemons and cut them in half horizontally.
- Extract the lemon juice and keep it into the bowl.
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey and add it to the bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of water and pour it into the bowl.
- Mix them well.
- Now, it’s time to apply the cleaning solution into your hair. First, apply the mixture on your scalp.
- Once you are done with the applying procedure, leave it for 8-10 minutes.
- After that, wash your scalp and hair with lukewarm water.
- Now, enjoy coconut oil free hair!
Technique 2: Use a Mixture Made of Egg and Water
Do you want to clean coconut oil from your hair quickly? If your answer is ‘Yes’, then egg and water mixture is the best easy and effective solution for you.
Take the Following Steps:
- Take a clean bowl and 2-3 eggs.
- Break the eggs and put the yolks along with the white parts into the bowl.
- Use an electric beater or a spoon to beat the eggs.
- Make sure they are completely mixed.
- Now, pour 4 cups of water into the bowl and stir the whole mixture properly.
- Then gently apply and massage it on your scalp and hair.
- Leave the solution for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse the hair carefully using lukewarm or cool water.
- Now, you have got an oil free scalp and hair!
Technique 3: Baking Soda and Water Applying Procedure
Another easy and effective way to get coconut oil out of your hair is to go for a baking soda treatment. Baking soda has the ability to detach coconut oil from the oily area.
Methods to Apply the Paste
- Take a clean bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Pour a little water carefully because excess water will make the paste inconsistent.
- Start applying the paste on your scalp and hair.
- Properly wash your hair using lukewarm or warm water.
- Now, you are done with the process.
Technique 4: Use Mint, Lemon Juice, and Rosemary
Do you want to learn how to get coconut oil out of hair using mint, lemon, and rosemary? Here is the exclusive recipe for you.
In the truest sense, mint and rosemary are being used for centuries as an effective hair cleaning agent. Their organic components can rinse out the coconut oil from your hair. Moreover, they stimulate your hair growth.
Follow the Below Steps for Better Output:
- Collect a small and clean pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Mint and Rosemary.
- Pour 2 cups of boiled water into the pot.
- Include 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the solution.
- Mix them well and apply the rinsing solution to your hair and scalp.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then thoroughly wash your hair.
Technique 5: Go for the Tomatoes, Black Tea, and Fuller’s Earth
Among the natural ingredients, tomatoes are highly beneficial for both your skin and hair. Tomatoes play a vital role in balancing the PH level of your hair.
Besides, they contain acidic properties that are strong enough to eliminate the greasy coconut oil as well as its odor from your hair.
However, if you apply tomatoes along with Fuller’s Earth, you will get an amazing result. Let’s learn the process.
Process to Apply Tomatoes and Fuller’s Earth on Your Hair.
- Take a fresh tomato and wash it thoroughly.
- Squeeze it to make a puree.
- Keep the puree in a clean bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s Earth.
- Using a spoon, mix it well.
- Apply the coconut oil remover on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- After that wash your hair thoroughly and style your hair!
Apart from this, you can also take black tea two to three times per day. Its astringent properties will not allow the excess accumulation of oil on your hair.
Technique 6: Shampoo and Aloe Vera Utilizing Method
Aloe Vera is considered as one of the most efficacious natural ingredients for treating your hair. If you wash your hair with aloe vera gel, it will rinse out the excess oil from your hair.
Besides, it reduces hair fall, strengthens your hair and roots, as well as makes your hair soft and shiny. Furthermore, you can use these ingredients along with argan oil to reduce dandruff.
Steps to Follow:
- Buy some Aloe-Vera plants and make gel from them. Or you can buy Aloe-Vera gel from any shops.
- Take 1 spoonful of gel in a small pot.
- Add your regular hair cleansing shampoo to it. Take the amount depending on your hair.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon to make a perfect solution.
- Apply the cleaning solution on your hair and scalp through gentle massage.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly using lukewarm water shampoo.
Technique 7: Apply Henna Paste on Your Hair
If you prefer not to use industrial products on your hair and are wondering how to remove oil from hair naturally, then nothing can be more competitive than henna paste.
Therefore, you can use henna for natural hair growth.It is such a natural nourishing and healing agent for your hair that has been used and praised beyond doubts.
Steps to Remove Coconut Oil From Your Hair Using Henna Paste:
- Collect a non-metallic bowl and henna powder for hair growth.
- Take some henna powder on the bowl depending on your required amount.
- Pour clean lukewarm water accordingly.
- Manage a wooden spoon and mix it well.
- Keep on mixing until you get a perfect paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and hair.
- Wrap your head with a shower cap and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair properly.
Non-Natural Solutions for Removing Coconut Oil From Your Hair
Along with natural process, there are some non-natural solutions that are effective to cleanse coconut oil from your hair. This part mainly refers to the industrial hair care products.
Technique 8: Utilize Clarifying Shampoo And Hair Conditioner
Sometimes, it happens you do not have much time to remove coconut oil from your hair using the homemade natural ingredients.
In this case, clarifying shampoo and conditioner may prove to be the best handy solution for you. They not only cleanse the extra coconut oil but also make your hair soft, shiny, and healthy.
Process to Apply Shampoo and Conditioner on Your Hair:
- Start with applying any shampoo of your choice on your scalp.
- Gently massage your hair.
- Make sure all the strands of your hair along with the roots get wet with the shampoo.
- Wash your hair and scalp properly so that there is no foam left.
- Now, repeat steps b and c. But use a hair conditioner instead of shampoo this time.
- Wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then cleanse your hair thoroughly with water.
Technique 9: You Can Also Apply Alcohol
If you are looking forward to how to remove coconut oil from hair, alcohol may be your best friend. It loosens the sticky coconut oil from your hair and makes them fresh.
The Best Way for Applying Alcohol to Remove Coconut Oil:
- Take a small pot.
- Add 1 cup of vodka.
- Pour 2 cups of water.
- Rinse out your hair using shampoo.
- Then apply this cleaning solution to your hair.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Properly wash your hair and scalp after that.
No-Rinse Solutions For Getting Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair
If you do not have much time to wash off your hair to clear coconut oil, this process is only for you. You can go for this type of solution to solve your problem quickly. Let’s see!
Technique 10: Consider Using Dry Shampoo
If you are looking for ways on how to get oil out of hair without washing, the best option is to use a dry shampoo. Generally, you will find dry shampoo in two basic forms: a) powder, and b) aerosol.
You can pick any one depending on your choice because both work to expel the excess oil from your hair. In the same vein, it refreshes your hair too.
Here Are the Best Steps to Use a Dry Shampoo
- Take one tablespoon of dry shampoo.
- Dry your scalp and section your hair into different parts.
- Scatter dry shampoo on your scalp.
- Start from one corner of your head and gradually cover the full scalp.
- Once you are done with sprinkling the dry shampoo, comb your hair.
- Make sure you start combing from the scalp to the ends of your hair.
- Comb carefully so that the dry shampoo gets completely blended.
- Wait until dry shampoo absorbs the coconut oil from your hair.
Notice: One problem you may face after using a dry shampoo is that your black or dark hair may develop visible residue. To get rid of this issue, wash your hair thoroughly with your hair cleaning shampoo and water.
Technique 11: Use Paper Towel
If you are in a complete hurriness and can not afford the time to follow any of the above described methods, this is for you. Your last but not less effective alternative is to use paper towels.
It is the easiest way to get coconut oil out of hair. Just take some paper towels and wrap your hair. Then press them down to absorb the excess oil. If the paper towels get too oily, apply new ones.
Question 1: How do you get coconut oil out of your hair without washing it?
You can use the following things to clean coconut oil without washing your hair.
Question 2: What happens if you don’t wash coconut oil out of your hair?
If you do not wash off coconut oil from your hair, it will create a bad smell. Besides, your pores will be blocked because of attracting excessive dust and dirt. As a result, you may experience hair fall and hair damage.
Question 3: Can too much oil damage hair?
Yes! Of course, it may damage your hair. Excessive oil may cause hair loss and hair fall. The natural oil balance of your scalp may be destroyed.
Question 4: How often should I put coconut oil in my hair?
According to hair-care experts, you can apply coconut oil on your hair 2 to 3 times per week. But do not forget to wash them thoroughly.
Question 5: Can coconut oil be used as a leave-in conditioner?
Yes, you can use it as a leave-in conditioner. You will get the best result if you apply it on your damp hair just after shampooing. However, you can apply it on dry hair too.
Final Words on How to Get Coconut Oil Out of Hair
Coconut oil is the most precious natural gift that is used for various purposes. It is one of the must-have ingredients to treat and nourish your scalp and hair.
But excessive use of coconut oil may damage your hair and ruin your style. Therefore, you must know the ways on how to get coconut oil out of hair.
We hope this article will help you a lot in this respect. The methods and processes we described are super easy and you can apply all of them at your home without going to a salon. It means you can also save your money.
So, my friends, try any of our methods and share your experience with us.